morning mudfest


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
yeah baby!


So this morning's race was a complete mudfest - I lost my granny to the dreaded chain suck for most of the course and was left cranking heavy gears through the muck.

Tried my darndest to hang on to one of the Indonesian girls' tail but they were far too strong for me. Oww. The cranks were protesting so much that at one point, I almost thought I wasn't going to make it. But kept at it in my middle chain ring all the way and sooner than I thought, I was heading towards the finish line. Chain suck, sucks. Big time! I think the lesson I took home from today's race must have been that you should never slack off during a mountain bike race, coz you never know when your equipment is going to fail you and you'll lose whatever lead you have in the blink of an eye.

The ladies open course consisted of 3 loops of the mucky trail. The weekend warrior, which Wayne, Aaron and Derek took part in consisted of 2 loops, and the men's sport which Hubba and Seung did consisted of 4 loops. Oh yes the men's elite, which took part in was 6 loops. Ouch. Hubba and I came in 6th each in our categories, which was pretty cool. It was kinda sad that Angie didn't race though - Poor girl didn't race coz she had to rush off to work early. It was nice having ya around for a bit though, babe! Still think you could have raced... ;)

Here are some of my favourites from today:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
crank it

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
woohoo wayne!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aaron finishes

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
andrew coasting a berm

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
wayne and angie

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
bike buds

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
little bike babe

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
with kickass risa


more pix here.


0 Responses to “morning mudfest”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Janice
  • From Singapore
  • Warning: Training diaries of a crazy little person who likes whizzing about and being silly.
  • My profile

Blabberbox

Piccies

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ickleoriental. Make your own badge here.

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3