red rider


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





click here to watch movie

I was tired this morning - Hardly the feeling you want to get when you're all pumped up for a good weekend on the trail.

It was tough - I felt my body drag itself around, refusing to react to any form of caffeine or sugar. I guess it was to be expected since I worked myself hard every single day this week, but I refused to give in to the feeling 'coz we were finally making it to Peebles for our virgin ride at the 7stanes trail, Glentress.

The first part of the ride was pure climbing and when the husband asked me how I was feeling, I thought for a second before saying, 'I'm okay'.

Truth be told, I was telling myself a great big lie and that I felt far from it. But I figured self-denial would stave away any form of negative thought for the afternoon... At least long enough for us to get to the fun bits of the much-raved-about red route.

And I must say it worked. In no time at all we were at the mouth of the famous Spookywood Descent and all revved up to go!

Glentress is, without a doubt, the best trail I have ever ridden in the few years that I have been biking.. Lots of switchbacks and the like, but accompanied by a load of berms and moguls that made for extremely smooth riding.

Everytime you thought you were losing momentum all you had to do was put your weight into a turn, get onto a berm and off you'd go. It was fantastic! Definitely thought of the warriors and the wayngelas all the way through and knew they would be absolutely lovin' it if they were on the trail with us.. Especially Waynetta!

(Mate, you're such a free-rider at heart. You would so love what this trail has to offer.)

We did Spookywood twice coz it was just so thrilling - And I managed to keep up with the boys on the second attempt, hardly touching my brakes. Even caught some air a couple of times and absolutely loved it! I think the second ride gave me some confidence to bomb down other sections after - Grrrrreat!!

It was sad to think I wouldn't ride the trail again. Better get a lot of rest tonight... And I hope I'm alright for another long ride tomorrow!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
download trail map here


More pix here.


0 Responses to “red rider”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Janice
  • From Singapore
  • Warning: Training diaries of a crazy little person who likes whizzing about and being silly.
  • My profile

Blabberbox

Piccies

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ickleoriental. Make your own badge here.

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3